The 2017-2018 ASCEND℠ Youth Enrichment Program application process is closed.
Members will engage in the sorority’s signature youth enrichment program, ASCEND℠, with efforts designed to motivate, engage and assist high school students in reaching their maximum potential. ASCEND℠ will focus on Achievement, Self-Awareness, Communication, Engagement, Networking and Developmental Skills. Emphasis will be placed on SMART careers (science, math and related technologies). Students in the ASCEND℠ Program will have an opportunity to receive academic enrichment and life skills training to support their journey to college or vocational employment. By advancing through ASCEND, students will be better positioned to transition to college life or the workplace.
Through ASCEND℠, Epsilon Omicron Omega will work with high school students to prepare them for college life or vocational careers, while promoting achievement, providing guidance and introducing them to arts and related cultural activities.
The ASCEND℠ Youth Enrichment Program will:
- Address the current challenges faced by students as they prepare to transition from high school to college life or the workplace
- Focus on providing students with life, academic, career and character-building skills
- Introduce students to a variety of post-high school options, including vocational careers and military options
- Promote self-esteem, confidence and achievement among high school students
- Empower students to realize their full potential by connecting with positive coaches to provide guidance, instill self-confidence, provide career direction and encouragement toward their career path and facilitate college-preparatory workshops focusing on desired college major and career choices
- Provide opportunities for cultural awareness, global citizenship and community engagement